NEUBERT Mission- “We Commit To Success For Every Student”
Dear Students, Staff and Parents:
Welcome to the 2016-2017 school year! Our commitment at Neubert Elementary School is to provide a safe and intellectually challenging environment that will empower students to become innovative thinkers, creative problem solvers and inspired learners prepared to thrive in the twenty-first century.
High standards and expectations for each student in regard to academic performance, and responsible citizenship are the foundation of our school. It is the contribution of our students and staff to our school community that makes Neubert Elementary an exceptional learning community. Full engagement in academic learning and a willingness to act responsibly as an individual within our educational environment are the factors that enable all to have a successful and enjoyable year.
We believe that effective teachers:
- Create opportunities for intellectual risk-taking, collaboration, problem-solving, and application of classroom learning to real life situations.
- Implement strategies that educate each student emotionally, socially, and physically.
- Believe that all students can learn and should be provided with appropriately challenging activities and learning opportunities.
- Collaborate with colleagues to share and discuss exemplary practices, interpret student performance data, and design assessments that promote twenty-first century skills.
We believe that successful students:
- Communicate in a meaningful way for a variety of purposes and audiences.
- Employ critical and creative thinking skills to solve problems.
- Pose questions, examine possibilities, and apply skills to find solutions to authentic issues.
In conclusion, I wish you all a wonderful school year. If I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me and know that my door is always open. I can be reached at email@example.com or 847-532-6801. My biography below outlines 19 years of experience in D300 as an administrator and I have also had various teaching positions in elementary and middle schools.
Dr. Peggy Thurow
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE & ACCOMPLISHMENTS:
2015-present Principal-Neubert Elementary School Algonquin, IL
1998-2015 Principal-Algonquin Middle School Algonquin, IL
1996-1998 Assistant Principal-Algonquin Middle School Algonquin, IL
1994-1996 Dean/Counselor-Washington Middle School Aurora, IL
Participated on district committees: Boundary Committee, District Student System Technology Committee, District Board Discipline Committee, Mentoring and Leadership Committee, Mentor Program Committee, Executive Discipline Review Committee, State Anti -Bullying Task Force, Illinois State Diversity Training Team, PBIS Demonstration Site, Teaching excellence award from Illinois Math and Science Academy.
2012 Argosy University
Ed.D in Organizational Leadership
1993 Northern Illinois University
Master of Science in Educational Leadership
1983 Elmhurst College
Bachelor of Science in Education- Minors in Biology